Monday, May 19, 2008

crochet piranha plant applique


I just finished this crochet piranha plant applique. Schwa has been making a bunch of Nintendo themed Perler magnets which has got me into the Nintendo mood. I thought the piranha plant would be a nice crochet challenge. All of this was done free form (with no pattern), which is the most fun way to crochet. The spots were the trickiest part, I decided to do them using surface crochet. Over the weekend, a friend taught me how to make granny squares. I was impressed at how tightly she crochets, so I was inspired to increase my tension on this piece. It is much tighter and flatter than anything else I have made. It will look very nice once I attach it to a shirt. I just need to go thrift store hunting to find a shirt that is Nintendo sky blue. After it is attached to a shirt, I will try to sell it on Etsy. So if you want it, look for it there :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

OMG it's really freaking cute! It's fun thinking in crochet, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

OoOOOoh its so CUTE! :)