Sunday, April 20, 2008

Water Bottle Holder



I got bored with working on my baby blanket. It's been really nice out lately, so we've been going on a lot of walks and my water bottle has no handle. So I decided I could easily crochet a water bottle holder to make things easier. It took about 2-3 hours and I did it freestyle. But here is the approximated pattern that I made up for the water bottle holder.

Chain 8 and join 1st ch into last with a slip.

HDC into the ring all the way around until its full, maybe 9 or 10 times

Make a turning chain of 2 then *HDC into 1st ch and 2 HDC into the next* Until the round is done

Make a turning chain of 2 then *HDC into next 2 chs and 1HDC into the following* Until the round is done

This made a circle about the size of the bottom of my water bottle, you could do more rounds if yours is bigger.

Then I started the body, I'm not sure how to explain this next part. Instead of crocheting into the Vs that you usually go into, I crocheted into the "legs" of those Vs so the crochet would move upward. I did a round of that in SC.

For the next rounds: DC around and around until you have the desired height. If you get bored of DC do a few rounds in HDC. End it off in a round of HDC, but don't break the yarn.

Make a turning chain and SC 6 chains to start the handle. Alternate rows of SC and DC until you have the length you want for the handle. Use Slip Stitches to join the handle onto the opposite side of the holder. Break yarn and weave in ends.

No comments: