Monday, August 18, 2008

Granny Square Bag



I started this bag a few months ago , maybe when I was 8 months pregnant. It is finally done and the baby is two months old. It really wasn't difficult, but I haven't had much time to myself. A friend of mine taught me how to do granny squares, I went home and started one. It grew and grew, I let it go for many rounds. Then I decided to make it into a shopping bag. I made another large granny square for the other side. I made a border of 3 rows of hdc around the squares. My friend's grandmother went insane and they put her in a home. In the home she crochets small rectangles, she thinks they are full sized blankets that she gives to my friend to donate to needy families. My friend gives them to me, to find a purpose for them. I used a few to make the bottom and sides of the granny square bag. The handles took me a few hours to do today, now it is all done. I still have a trash bag filled with tiny blankets and probably have more coming to me. If you have any ideas for them, let me know.

2 comments:

Krista said...

The granny square looks great! About how big is it? I can't tell from the picture. :) Glad my lesson helped you create something cool! And useful! :)

schwa said...

It isthe size of a grocery bag or a little bigger maybe